The Hiver Experience (urban beekeeping and beer tasting) - Bookings & Tickets 2020
Budding beekeepers and beer tasters, welcome to The Hiver Experience 2020!
EXTRA DATES IN 2020 AND SPRING 2021 ADDED!!
If you would like to purchase tickets for a specific date or if you have a gift voucher to redeem then you're in the right place - please see details at the bottom of this page. If you'd like to buy a gift or e-voucher then take another look in the product list.
After a sell-out fourth season and rave reviews from the amazing folk at Time Out, The Nudge and more, the Hiver Experience is back for Spring/Summer 2020.
The two-hour session starts with a short introduction to Bees and Beekeeping in the city, the equipment and tools commonly used by Beekeepers as well as a first glimpse inside the hive. We'll then get suited and booted ready for a Hive inspection and the chance to help our resident beekeeper in handling the frames and checking the health of the Hive. After the fun of getting up close and personal with the 'Ladies', we'll relax over a tutored beer and food matching session before leaving you to explore the rest of Bee Urban and answer any questions you might have.
If you can not select the right amount of attendees for the session you wish to book, it means there is not enough space available, in that case, please choose an alternative date and time.
E-tickets are not sent automatically and will be generated and sent out within 48 hours.
Groups are of no more than twelve people per session and in the case of really wet or cold weather, we'll focus on inspecting the exhibition hive, working with the Beekeeping tools to build frames and/or working with the by-products of the hive.
Please note this product is only suitable for over 18's and it is not for people with a known bee allergy. There is a safety disclaimer that we ask you to sign on the day of your Experience and before taking part in the activities.
Covid-19 safety measures:
1) Enhanced cleaning measures: our sites will be cleaned and sanitised prior to the start of the day, and sanitised in between each session by our trained staff.
2) One person = One suit: your suit will be appropriately laundered and cleaned the week prior to your experience and will not be used by anyone else but you before going back to the washing machine.
3) Face covering: social distancing can not always be in place around the hive, so we request that all guests bring a face covering or mask to wear during the beekeeping part of the experience if they are able to. In case of indoor activity, our host will request that you wear your mask. If for any health reason you are not able to wear one, please let us know ahead of time.
4) Social Distancing during the Tasting:
- a separate table will be set for each group of guests, we assume that if you come together, you are fine with sharing a table, but if that is not the case, please let us know at least 24hrs before your experience, in case we need to bring in extra tables.
- Individual sampling set: we are replacing our sharing platters by individual sets of samples that our hosts will be safely preparing and storing ahead of time.
5) Enhanced circulation on-site: signage will be in place to ensure a fluid movement of people and ensure that safe distancing is respected whenever possible.
6) Coronavirus, the C-word... If you are experiencing any of the common symptoms (high temperature, a new and continuous cough, a sudden loss or change to your sense of smell and taste), please contact us to rearrange your experience on email@example.com and if you have already received their numbers, please text our hosts so they know not to expect you.
7) Above-the-ankle socks are mandatory: It's always an odd one, but... your beekeeping suit will cover every part of your body, apart from your feet, so wearing closed shoes and socks that cover your ankles will ensure you are not at risk of getting stung there.
Finally, in order to limit the risk of contamination, our disclaimers have been moved online.
The 2020 season runs from 1st August until 19th September, and the 2021 season will start on 17th April 2021 and will end on 20th September 2021 (all dates will be made available further into the year). Our experience is taking place at Bee Urban, located in Kennington Park, a short walk from Oval Station. If you require any assistance with your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0203 1989972. Your tickets will be sent to you via email.
To redeem your Hiver or Not on the High Street gift voucher please enter your voucher number or code (no capital letters or '#'s) in the discount panel on the right hand side of the booking form after you have chosen your preferred date and session time.Unless you have purchased additional spaces or products in your cart, you will have nothing to pay at checkout. If your voucher is valid for two people, please ensure you book two spaces. Your e-tickets and booking information will automatically be sent to you via email. We look forward to seeing you soon!
To redeem a gift voucher from any other experience provider, these must be done by us manually but fear not, you'll be relaxing in your beekeeping suit and sipping a beer in no time! Please contact email@example.com with your voucher number, PIN number (if any), voucher expiry date and top 3 preferred dates and times after checking the availability above. We will get back to you in 48 hours with a confirmed booking slot. Easy Bee-asy!
The Hiver Experience at Albourne Estate (rural beekeeping and beer tasting) - GIFT VOUCHER